Current STOCKDILL LAB Members
Ganesh Samala (2018 – present)
Ganesh was born and brought up in Telangana, India. In 2008, he received a Bachelor degree from Osmania University and Master degree in Organic Chemistry from the same university. He achieved an on campus placement to work as a Research Scientist in “Albany Molecular Research Inc.,”; When he was working in industry, he was awarded a CSIR-JR fellowship. After spending nearly 3 years in industry he moved to BITS-Pilani to pursue his graduation.
Ganesh obtained a PhD in Medicinal Chemistry from BITS-Pilani in 2015. At the end of his graduation was offered an Institute Post Doc at IIT – Bombay. Ganesh worked as a postdoctoral fellow at IIT – Bombay from 2015 to 2018, where he felt the real taste of pure organic chemistry and decided to explore more chemistry. In April 2018, Ganesh joined Dr. Stockdill lab at Wayne State University to expand his wings in the sky of chemistry.
Ganesh likes to play foose ball and the sequence board games in his free time.
Naresh M. Venneti (2018 – present)
Naresh was born in Andhra Pradesh, India. He received his Ph. D. from Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur in 2018. In the same year he joined the Stockdill research group for his post-doctoral studies. He finds it exciting to develop new strategies for the synthesis of libraries towards important molecules in conjunction with their applications in natural products synthesis. He indulges himself in cooking when he gets free time, and he is very inquisitive about nature’s creation.
Larry Mendoza (2018 – present)
Larry grew up in California where he obtained a BS in Pharmaceutical Chemistry from the University of California, Davis. In 2018 he moved to Michigan to join the WSU PhD program where he then proceeded to join the Stockdill lab. He has a strong interest in organic synthesis and their application towards peptide synthesis. Larry hopes to one day apply his knowledge in an industry research setting. On his free time, he likes to play the trumpet, play video games on his PS4 and PC, cook, bake, and enjoy a good happy hour with his friends at Hopcat.
Rana Morsy (2018 – present)
Rana was born and raised in Egypt. She got her Bachelor degree in pharmaceutical sciences from Assiut University, Egypt. After graduation, she earned a Master degree in organic chemistry from the same university. She hopes that pursuing PhD studies in Organic Chemistry will help expose her to more research areas and modern approaches in organic synthesis and benefit from teaming up with trained organic chemistry researchers. Outside of the lab, Rana enjoys cooking and reading.
Mahesh Yadab (2018 – present)
Mahesh was born and raised in the land of Mount Everest, Nepal. The land is also known as the birthplace of Lord Buddha. While living in the beautiful countryside and spending a few years in the capital city, Kathmand, he discovered a very important thing about himself: a love for chemistry. So he traveled to Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU) to study Chemistry, where he developed a love for Organic Synthesis and Medicinal Chemistry. In the fall of 2018, he joined Dr. Stockdill’s lab at WSU. Mahesh enjoys playing soccer on his free time.
Olusayo Ogunyemi (2019 – Present)
Olusayo was born in Nigeria and obtained his Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Chemistry at the Federal University of Technology Akure. After his graduation, he worked as a Research Assistant in the Department of Chemistry in the same University. He is enthusiastic about the synthesis of important biological active molecules, developing methodologies in synthesizing complex organic compounds and understanding the mechanism of bioactive compounds as drug targets in treating diseases. In 2019, he moved to Detroit for his PhD study at Wayne State University and joined the Stockdill research group. Olusayo hopes to contribute to scientific discoveries and develop top-notch research skills to train the next generation of scientists. In his free time outside the lab, he likes solving puzzles, cooking and volunteering to teach others.
Punam Paul (2019 – Present)
Punam was born in Bangladesh. He was keen to find out what was happening around us in a scientific way. Above all the branches of science, he traced out that Chemistry as one of the key subjects which can explain our mysterious environment. He pursued his Bachelors at the University of Dhaka. After graduation, he came to Tennessee State University and received his Masters in Organic Chemistry in 2019. He has always had an interest in the field of advanced synthetic organic chemistry and medicinal chemistry which inspired him to join the Stockdill research group. He wants to help develop novel synthetic strategies to make new organic compounds and natural products. Punam likes to play Cricket and ping-pong, also enjoys cooking and traveling.
- Rooha Tariq (2018 – present)
- Natalie Kelly (2019 – present)
- Marquisha Myles (2019-present)
- Saneh Kaur (2019-present)
- Lyndsey Braman (2019-present)
- Seoyoung (Jennifer) Woo (2019-present)
- Zach Owczarak (2020-present)
- Yara Mohammad (2020-present)
- Brandon Brown (2020-present)
STOCKDILL LAB ALUMNI
- Dripta De Joarder (2014 – 2015), Now at U. Calcutta, Maiti Lab
- Ahmad Ibrahim (2012 – 2016), Now at Oakland U., Kerrigan Lab
- Christine (Hart) Arbour (2014 – 2019), Postdoc in Barbara Imperiali Lab, MIT
- Hansamali Sirinimal (2013 – 2018), Postdoc in Karen Draths Lab, MSU
- Hasina Saraha (PhD 2018), Academic Specialist, Lyman Briggs College, Michigan State University
- Thilini Kondasinghe (PhD 2018), Postdoc in the Stockdill Lab (2018–2019)
- Alberto Lopez (PhD 2017), Consortium for Faculty Diversity Postdoctoral Fellow at Amherst College
- Pavithra Pathirathna (PhD 2016) – joint with Hashemi Lab, Postdoc at U. Pittsburgh, Amemiya Lab
- Yuanyuan (Shirley) Yang (PhD 2016) – joint with Hashemi Lab, Postdoc at Colorado State U., Henry Lab, Now Clinical Research Scientist at Vibrant America
- Heng Chen (MS 2016), currently Associate Scientist II at Abbvie
- Matthew Jackson (MS 2016), currently a Research Scientist at Corrigan Oil
- Megan Blake (2012 – 2014)
- Annamarie Formicola (2012 – 2014), currently pursuing PhD in Physics at WSU
- Mazin Habhab (2012 – 2014), currently at WSU Medicine
- Ted Hwang (2012 – 2014)
- Bart Knowles (2012 – 2014), DMD (2019) Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine, currently at Farmington Smiles.
- Alex Golonka (2013 – 2014), PhD (2019) at U. Michigan, Schindler Lab
- Shannon Paquette (2012 – 2015), MD (2019) WSU School of Medicine, currently a resident in General Surgery at UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Brandon Bott (2015 – 2016), currently at WSU Pharmacy
- Murtaza Hussain (2014 – 2016), currently at MSU College of Human Medicine
- Samantha Odeesho (2015 – 2017), currently Clinical Research Associate at Henry Ford Health Center
- Greg Rosenhauer (2013 – 2016), currently pursuing a PhD at U. Michigan, Matzger Lab
- Kaylie Schneider (2015 – 2016)
- Teanna Vorlicek (Visiting UG from U. Minnesota – Summer 2017), currently at U Minnesota
- Shane Jackowski (2016 – 2018), currently pursuing a PhD at MSU Chemistry
- Fatima Elchawich (2016 – 2018), currently at Pennsylvania College of Optometry-Salus University
- Ramona Stamatin (2016 – 2018), currently at Oakland University Medical School
- Ally Dagher (2018)
- Kayla Belavek (2017 – present), currently pursuing a PhD at University of California – Berkeley
- Jeremiah Jean (2018 – present), currently pursuing a PharmD at U Michigan